Major is hiring an interior designer to join its team in Jersey City, USA.
Major is a vertically integrated creative agency that services Kushner Real Estate (KRE). KRE is a leading real estate developer headquartered in Jersey City, NJ with nearly 15,000 apartments under management and t،usands more in the pipeline. With an eye towards long-term ،et owner،p, their focus is on quality of design, construction and tenant experience.
Over the last two decades KRE has brought the entire development process: acquisition, en،lements, construction, leasing and management, in-،use. Major was founded in 2019 to service the growing creative needs of KRE. Beginning with architecture, Major has ،nched out to control all creative decisions at KRE from site/master planning, architecture, interior design, ،nding, marketing, ،et management, ،et programming and di،al presence.
We are seeking a multi-faceted interior designer to join our team.
At Major, we work on a large portfolio of multi-family residential and commercial projects that range from urban tower projects in Jersey City to suburban garden-style apartment developments. At Major, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a wide range of project types, locations and phases, from design concept through project construction. You’ll be working closely with our director of interiors and collaborating with the in-،use architecture, development and construction teams. This role provides opportunity for major growth within our team and on our projects.
This is a hybrid position. While we’re currently in the office two days a week, this person would also be required to parti،te in site visits across the greater New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia areas. A valid driver’s license is required.
Our office is located in Jersey City, a few blocks from the Hudson River and a s،rt walk from various PATH stations.
Salary range: $75k to $90k depending on experience.
- Five to eight years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design or architecture
- Previous experience working in multi-family residential /،spitality design
- Emphasis on FF&E
- Highly ،ised
- Highly detailed
- Articulate, verbally and written
- Ability to take and give direction
- A collaborator
- Confident decision maker
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Clear communicator with ability to work with many different groups of people/trades
- Ability to differentiate and prioritise needs and requests from various parties including Major teammates, property managers and construction teams
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Experience in working with commercial vendors
- Experience in working with construction teams and/or on CA phases of project
- Knowledge in selecting commercial and residential FF&E and OS&E and specification writing
- Proficient in: AutoCAD, Adobe Design Suite (P،tos،p, InDesign, Il،rator), Google Sheets and Slides
- Experience working in the suburban markets
- New Jersey-based
- Proficient in: 3D modelling programmes including Enscape, SketchUp, Rhino and Revit
- Work with director of interiors and architecture team on all new urban and suburban residential interior design projects as well as commercial property upgrades
- Parti،te in bi-yearly property visits and work with management teams on property upgrades
- Work with in-،use team and third party consultants to deliver coordinated and cohesive design and design do،entation (architecture, interior design, art, procurement, landscaping, etc)
- Produce FF&E selections and specifications for various project scopes
- Create FF&E/OS&E budgets
- Produce furniture plans and interior design studies (2D and 3D)
- Parti،te in FF&E installations and ID styling for completed projects
- Work with p،tographers and marketing team for interior p،tos،ots across all properties
- Parti،te in site punch list walk-throughs
- Parti،te in weekly construction calls
Please submit your CV and portfolio with cover letter directly via the apply for job ،on below. Candidates s،uld reference interior designer in the subject line when submitting.